Sunday, December 29, 2013

Let It Snow...

I am actually embracing the snowfall today...  I have no where to be... My social cup overfloweth as I have spent meaningful heart connecting time with friends from near and far this week...




And so today I have time to reflect and ramble...

I am feeling the tug of the approaching new year... declutter, it encourages... get back on the road and run, it cheers... breath deeply and be calm it whispers... have grace with yourself and your children it advises...

Grace because I will stumble... and that is ok... Grace because they will fail my expectations... and I theirs...

But I will strive for loving... not just the internal heartfelt cliche`... but practical love... the kind that strives for gentle words... acts of service... encouragement...

I will pray to become aware of my own reserves... replenishing my energy stores and creating good habits like going to bed on time... a rested mama is less likely to be a mama grizzly...

I will pause more... to read stories and to hug... for smooches and snuggles...

And hopefully I will remember to read this again in March.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment