Sunday, February 24, 2013

One Bite of the Morning...

"O Lord, let my soul rise up to meet you at the say rises to meet the sun
.Common Prayer: A Liturgy For Ordinary Radicals

In the past I have not been a morning person... not that I claim to be now... but I started reading Tsh Oxenreider's book "One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler "... and I took my first bite...

While cozy in my bed last night... before reading the evening prayer from "Common Prayer: A Liturgy For Ordinary Radicals "... I created my morning routine list...


  • Read morning liturgy
  • Drink a large glass of water
  • Shower
  • Get dressed
  • Make my bed
And I actually did it this morning... I set my alarm for 7am... and I followed the list... 
I will not lie... I really did consider snuggling down under the warm covers and sleeping until my children got up... but I didn't...

See here I am with my hair wet from the shower and a real (not pajama) shirt on:

And my bed made:


And for once the morning felt really good... I feel like I have accomplished something today... I feel as though I took the time so take care of myself... to prepare to love others...  

And I will celebrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment