Friday, February 22, 2013

At the Top of My List...

I have been wanting to read 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp for ages now... but something usually seems to slide just in front of that on my list...

I thought about it again as I lay in bed last night... and so I will at least download it on my iPad as soon as I am done this blog post...

But I want to start my list with something that is precious to me... God is always with me... I've been told that most of my life... by my grandmother... in Sunday School... so I "knew" it... I just hadn't experienced it...

Me peeking through a rundown building in a cemetery in Scotland.

Until I traveled thousands of kilometers to Scotland... I was staying with my little family in the house of my husband's granny (who is about the most sweet and lovable granny I have ever met)... I was alone in my room... and out of habit I said something to God...

It dawned on me... I am so very far from home... so very far from the familiar... and yet You are here with me...

I can talk to You...

I can feel Your presence...

I can hear You speak to me...

You actually DO live in me...

And that is number 1 of my 1000 gifts.

1 comment:

  1. All the best things happen in Scotland :) Love this realisation...

    ReplyDelete