Saturday, March 8, 2014

It Is March...

I told myself I would revisit this post again in March... (and I guess I told you too).  And if I must be honest... I am choosing today because I have already failed... and I need to be reminded...

Reminded that I wrote...
 I am feeling the tug of the approaching new year... 
breath deeply and be calm it whispers... have grace with yourself and your children it advises...
Grace because I will stumble... and that is ok... Grace because they will fail my expectations... and I theirs...

That voice... you know the one... is telling me that I suck at this mommy gig... and it's true... parts of mothering are eternal struggles... and I'm not sure if the good out weighs the bad.

I promised to replenish my reserves... and I've only done a half-ass job of that.

Loving is so simple in theory... just be kinder than you feel... forgive...
But it is really so complicated to practice when it comes to ones self.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment