Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Hunt for a New Name (Contest)


Here's the deal... when I started this blog it was a tool to wrestle with my deconstructed faith and really it still is... it' a place to reconstruct what it means to love others, chronicle growth and healing, and share the things we are thankful for.  The purpose remains the same, but the name no longer fits.

In 2012 I totally could have whipped you up a delicious creamy latte made from fresh goats milk.  These days not so much... I still have a goat... and I love her very much...but alas milking is a thing of the past for us.
Plus I'm finding that there is a bit of a stigma surrounding goats milk and it seems the name Goat's Milk Lattes is not the inviting title I thought it might be.

Here's my plan... I'm asking you dear readers to help me rename this blog.  I will be choosing a name based on it's perceived longevity, cleverness and creativity are also good qualities and please nothing vulgar.

Of course what is a contest without prizes?  The winner will receive a brown paper package (may or may not be tied up with strings) of a few of my favorite, non cluttery, things.

Here's how to enter:
Leave me a comment with your new blog name idea(s) as well as your email address so I will be able to contact you if I choose your name.  Then share this post on your favorite social media site (there are share buttons below for this purpose) so others can join the fun.  The contest closes March 7 2015 at 4:00pm Pacific Time.

6 comments:

  1. Great (Sarah) Scott!
    OR
    Sarah Scott Free (Because it's your name, but also you are free to write about whatever you want, and it's a play on the phrase scot-free.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this since I read it last night and I don't have any good ideas! How about Simply Eclectic or Nechako For Lyfe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.M Sarah!
    Intentional Meandering = Intentionally Daring to be Me With You =D

    Often the definition of meandering is related to "aimlessly flowing" like a stream. I love how random & real your thoughts and conversations are Sarah. You are intentional as you flow through life and touch the lives of others You intentionally love, make choices and take action intentionally with what touches your heart and feeds your passions You often choose to be vulnerable and real and are one of the bravest women I have ever known! Keep keeping it real =] Love from Gwen
    P.S. I don't know why you are having this contest (other than it being fun) because you always come up with some of the awesomest names for things =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas Gwen I am brilliant at naming children and pets... blogs is a whole different ball game... Thanks so much for your kind words and your very thoughtful suggestion.

      Delete
  4. I thought of another one. You can stay on the goat theme and leave the milk out of it.
    Sarah Gets Her Goat

    ReplyDelete