Friday, January 2, 2015

5 Books I Want to Read in 2015


I have not read any of these books yet... but I plan to... and just in case you're interested... or you want to read them too... Here is my 2015 book list:


  1. The Grief Recover Handbook by John W. James and Russell Friedman

The Grief Recovery Handbook was recommended by Anne over at Modern Mrs. Darcy. Her two reasons to read it are pretty convincing:

  • Unresolved Grief with Wreck Your Life
  • This Book Helps You be a Better Human Being
*side note: I may be looking for a partner to read and do the assignments in this book with me... So let me know if you might be interested... 

2. Love Does by Bob Goff

Love Does had never even crossed my radar until I read a story from Shannan of Flower Patch Farmgirl about Bob Goff visiting a group of "jailbirds" who were reading and discussing his book.  That act alone makes me want to read this guy's book.

3. Interrupted By Jen Hatmaker 

To tell you the truth this book kinda scares me... I mean with a subtitle like: When Jesus Wrecks Your Comfortable Christianity... who isn't a little intimidated?  I figure if I tell all of you folks that I am going to read it somebody might hold me accountable (because quite honestly this book is on my last to read post as well)...... or hold my hand through it. ;)

4. Insurgent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth

2014 was my year of Harry Potter and Hunger Games, two fantastic series that left me pining for more... So in December I picked up Divergent by Veronica Roth and now I am itching to carve out some serious fiction time for the other 2 books in the series. 

5. The Hobbit By J.R.R. Tolkien

My grade 6 teacher read The Hobbit to our class and to be perfectly honest it was way over my head.  I used the read aloud time to day dream about arriving home after school to find that my mom was surprising me with what ever fuzzy pet was my hearts desire at that moment.  (Side note: These Guinea Pig, Hamster, Kitten surprises never came true).  But now that I have Harry Potter under my belt I might be able to embrace some other fantasy writing.

How about you?  What do you plan to read in 2015?  Leave me a comment below.  Maybe I will want to add it to my list. 







photo credit: Cassey via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment