Sunday, May 18, 2014

I am a Good Mom

I have read 37% of Sarah Bessey's book My Practices of Mothering.
 
Chapter 4: The Practice of Speaking Life... She writes "In fact, I call myself a good mother."

Rather bold... but totally profound in my head.  I could tell you all day long about how wonderful and brilliant and funny and breath taking my children are...My husband is pretty gosh darn spectacular too... but I wait for others to tell me what I'm good at... Why I'm awesome...  So I am using this post to make a list of why I am a good mother:
  1. I apologize to my children.
  2. I am a pretty darn good story reader.
  3. I recognize their needs... hugs... food... taking a break.
  4. I try really hard to embrace learning.
  5. I love... 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post! It's interesting hey, how we wait for others to affirm what we do. This was a great point to ponder this rainy Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete