Thursday, April 17, 2014

Feet Washing Night

I don't really remember how long ago we started... and I suppose it doesn't really matter... but on the Thursday before Easter (Maundy Thursday)... I wash and perfume my children's feet.
(photo credit: Hudson Scott)
 There is no rigid ritual we follow.  Craig is at work tonight so the children took pictures as I washed their sibling's feet.
 (Photo credit: Meadow Scott)
We sang songs about Jesus as I rubbed mango scented oil into their heels. Delaney was especially interested in "helping" me with this job.
(Photo credit: Meadow Scott)
Afterward I read the story of The Last Supper from the The Jesus Storybook Bible... if you have not read that version I highly recommend it... It speaks clearly of the love and servant-hood in Jesus' act of washing his disciples' feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment