Monday, January 27, 2014

Harry Potter is Killing Me!

I just finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix... and in an attempt to not have a blog post of spoilers (even though I am admittedly late to the trend) I only will tell you that my grief over fictional characters is very real!  My sister is getting texts with long drawn out curse words  in all caps... (cause she read the series ages ago).

I remember feeling this way as a young girl... like the characters in books were my friends... Anne Shirley... Laura Ingalls... and now I have Ron and Hermione and Harry and Neville and Luna... and they are such real fictional characters that I actually had a moment of excitement when I found some Potter's in my family tree...

Especially sad for me is that I think I need a Potter break... I have been reading the books steady since before Christmas and I am willing to say "Hello my name is Sarah and I am a Potterhead."... but I need to imerse myself back in real life for a bit.


So alas I will put off reading The Halfblood Prince and the Deathly Hallows for a little while... but I might catch up on watching the movies!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment