Monday, December 31, 2012

A Letter to the Old and the New


Dear 2012...

You were a good year... you were the year I turned 30... and moved back home.

You were the year I spent wonderful chunks of time with friends who are dear to me... and the year when I made more dear friends...

You were the year I started drinking my lattes 1/2 sweet... proof that I am maturing.

You were the year that I had a crisis of faith... that turned into an attitude of love over law... I still have a long way to go... but I feel like the panic of deconstruction has past.

Love

Dear 2013...

Oh the hopes I have for you...

I hope to find community... and I hope my eyes are truly open to recognize what God's plan is for that.

I hope to be kinder... that love will overflow and not anger or judgement.

I hope to be generous... not with just money, but with words and time.

I hope to remember that each day is a blank page before me... crisp and white with no mistakes in it... and no mater what the page before looks like... I can start again.

Love



photo credit: ViaMoi via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment