Saturday, October 20, 2012

How Did You Choose?

Yesterday I wrote about nothing. The kind where you prepare to move out of nothing and root yourself in loving others... the expectant nothing... the kind that is pregnant with hope... the kind where you are still and know that God is... 

And so I ask you how did you choose where to root yourself?  How you did you choose who to help? 

In the last 24 hours I have been presented with these needs :

Female Gendercide
Children Waiting for Adoption
Child Brides

Huge needs... that break my heart... and make it race... and leave me feeling challenged... and yet what is the first step?


Chime in!  Tell me how you choose to invest your love!

 

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of Reece's Rainbow? It is a organization that helps introduce families to children (with special needs) who are up for adoption internationally. Many of the countries they work with have very low standards in how these special kiddos are treated, many of them are in dire situations.

    Anyways, I am an advocate for one of the kids on their website. This means I try to get her picture out there and visible to possible adoptive families, and I raise money for her adoption grant which raises her chances of adoption. Their website is www.reecesrainbow.org

    I write about this a lot on my blog, you can find the thread of related posts through this link:

    http://shebecomes.blogspot.com/search/label/Reece%27s%20Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca
      Thank you so much for telling me about this! I am going to visit their site and read up on this... my heart strings are intrigued. :)

      Delete
  2. I am looking into adoption...sent a few emails to local adoption agencies...researching, reading, praying, emailing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I just saw that you added Yelena's button to your page. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Rebecca. It's a simple way I can love.

      Delete