Sunday, January 11, 2015

I'm Taking the Plunge! 33 clothing Items for 3 months.


Is it pathetic or perfect that I am struggling to actually find 33 wearable items in my current wardrobe?  The shopaholic, impress the world, person in me says "Wahoo lets shop!"  but the simplifying minimalist wanna be says "I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for... check under the bed."

So for the next 3 months I will be getting dressed by choosing from 33 items (or less) in my closet and following the rules Courtney Carver of Project 333 has laid out.

Here is my list thus far:
2 sweater dresses
3 pairs of leggings
2 pairs of jeans
2 belts
2 necklaces
3 scarves
3 cardigans
4 tank tops
2 pairs of boots
2 little black dresses
2 t-shirts (I may need to do some purchasing in this area but I will see how it goes.)

And that's it!  That's all I have, but having fewer than 33 items gives me a little bit of space to possibly add a few quality pieces to my capsule wardrobe if things aren't working.

"Remember that this is not a project in suffering." Project 333

I will also from time to time be posting pictures of my favorite outfits on Instagram so feel free to follow me there.

Are you doing anything to simplify your wardrobe? Tell me about it!  Maybe we can encourage each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment