Monday, January 19, 2015

9 Interesting Things to Journal About...

 Psst... come closer... I have a secret to tell you...   Are you ready?  This just might revolutionize your life... make sure you are prepared for this...

Ok here it is... That pretty journal you have... the one you have been saving because it's just so beautiful... that lovely notebook with the blank pages you can't bring yourself to write on... it's ok...

You can write in it.  The outside will be just as pretty...
And if you write in it you will transform it... you see right now it's just a bunch of blank pages... but you have the unique opportunity of turning it into a treasure.

Here are a few ideas on how to fill those pages:

  1. Answer those questions that some authors put at the end of the chapters in their books.
  2. Doodle around your favorite quotes or doodle your prayers. Sybil MacBeth at Praying  in Color has some super cool examples of this.
  3. Write letters to people that you would never actually send them.
  4. Make a list of things you think are beautiful.
  5. Write about people you admire and why you admire them.
  6. Brainstorm: What do you think about when you hear the words : Love, passion, conversation?
  7. Create a plan... Dream a little... Get outside of your comfort zone!
  8. A record of the best part of each day. 
  9. Get to know you... It's your journal... write about your favorite food, song, place... anything!  Adventures is Journaling has a really cute printable to get started. ( You can glue it into your pretty journal...)
Do you journal?  Do you have a journal that is just too pretty to write in?

3 comments:

  1. I've never really journaled before, but recently I've begun to see how it could be helpful in organizing thoughts, feelings and goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! I have tons of journals that I filled during my teens... over a journal a year from the time I was ten until my mid-twenties. Now that I'm a mom I journal much less often but I love the idea of just doodling something quick. Maybe the funny things my kids say!!! :) I have so many notebooks... I should start filling them! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a pretty journal for Christmas and I had been hesitant Ito write in it until I cracked the cover and just put pen to paper and let it flow. Those are great ideas. I will keep them in mind the next time I am stuck.

    ReplyDelete