Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Work of Life...


I must be in my early thirties... people tell me that this soul searching, purpose hunting, self reinventing... is a symptom of that.

The books in my "to read" pile tell me that I am hungry for change... They are books about radical love... the kind that is inconvenient...  And it's not that I am looking to be inconvenienced... but I am looking to REALLY live.

There is a nagging fear in me that I might find excuses to stay wrapped up in my little cocoon... Where vulnerability is easy... but there is a competing fear that I will miss out... that what I do won't matter.

I want the work of my life to matter!!!

I thought growing pains would be left behind in my adolescent years... but it seems they move from my limbs to my heart...

1 comment:

  1. I love that- from my limbs to my heart. And, I am right there with you. So right there.... ouch.

    ReplyDelete