Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boundaries

I make choices... to love past peoples issues... I make mistakes and I hurt others sometimes... I acknowledge and apologize for those times... I tend to forgive easily and give people the benefit of the doubt...

 ... but what if my apology doesn't fix it? What if the hurt continues to fester, like a sliver under the skin... and I can not heal it? What if I have no words left... nothing I can do... and to sit in silence is not satisfactory to the one I have wounded.? When does the ball shift to their court?

How do I still love when I am bombarded? Can the flimsy boundaries I have around me keep out the harsh arrows? Should they?

 Does there come I time when I drag my own wounded body off the field and seek refuge to heal?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment