Friday, May 30, 2014

Loving Where I Live... 8 great things about my house

Our house was a real fixer upper when we bought it... and we are still fixing... Most of the time sometimes I look around and cringe... but I am going to make an effort to look past the unfinished and the not quite right yet and love where I live.  Here is a list of my favorite things about my home.


  1. My bathroom.  The shower is lovely and the wall color just beautiful.
  2. The wood stove.  We spent the first winter here with just space heaters for heat... I hope I never take the wood stove for granted.
  3. Freedom... I get to have my goat and chickens... and dog and cats... and bunny.  My kiddos get to splash in the creek on summer days... there are trails close by to explore and trees to climb and build forts in.
  4. Giant window sills.
  5. My coffee station.
  6. I have really great neighbors...  some have even become really good friends.
  7. I live super close to lakes and a ski hill.
  8. I get to live with my four favorite people here.
What do you love about where you live?  What do you struggle with?  

1 comment: