Saturday, April 12, 2014

I Joined a Writing Group!

"Writer... it's a word I want to be a strong part of my identity... right up there with Mother, Sister, Wife..."


Those are words I wrote a week ago... and last night I took action...

I battled 20 something girls in short dresses and cropped jean jackets for a parking spot downtown... walked 3 blocks... entered a trendy coffee shop... ordered a pot of tea and a piece of chocolate cake... and sat down to the first meeting of a writing group.

Granted there were only two of us there... but it was magic.

 I was completely unprepared... but luckily my comrade gave me extra paper and a pencil... she opened up to a page in her writing exercises book... already marked for the occasion... and we wrote...

I discovered that I am really more of a typer than a pencil and paper gal... my right pinky was screaming at me...

We shared... We were brave... And vulnerable... and I left with a happy heart...

I am a writer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment