Monday, March 10, 2014

Writing Crap Day 1: Ideas About Love

Welcome to Day 1 of Writing Crap



Those of you who have hung around here for a bit may have noticed that I have a bit of a soap box mentality when it comes to loving your fellow man...

I believe it is central to Christ's teaching...  and I confess that I am falling short.

I am of the opinion that the very best way to love someone is to get to know them... I play out scenes in my mind of drinking lattes (only because I love lattes) with strangers... hearing their life stories and marveling at the things they have accomplished... and the things they have overcome.

Perhaps I am wrong... Maybe offering water to the thirsty, food to the hungry and clothing to the naked are enough... Or maybe there isn't an "enough."

Perhaps love is not weighed by the size of the act... because there is a butterfly effect... offer water to a thirsty man (or woman) and they can then find the strength to travel on a little further... to offer their coat to a shivering child.... who then wears that coat to school... and shares her lunch with a hungry classmate at the next desk...

Because there is a God who is love... there is no end to what love can do in the world.

If you're writing crap today this week I'd love for you to leave a link for me in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! Getting to know someone, loves them the best. It is then that we understand each other better.

    ReplyDelete