Monday, April 1, 2013

So Long Yelling...


You have been a skeleton in my closet... and now I am going to bury you in an unmarked grave... Folks have said to me... "I didn't know you were a yeller."  That's because I only yell when there are no witnesses...

Except there are witnesses... and they are vulnerable... precious... sweet witnesses.  They are the little ones who pray a night and thank God that mommy didn't freak out today... or ask God to not let mommy lose it tomorrow.

So here is what I will do instead.

Instead of ranting about the mess... we will read a story or play game... then clean up.

Instead of letting anger explode on to those I love... I will whisper.

And if it feels like I can't control myself I will walk away.

I may add to this list as creative solutions arise... What is your strategy?
  photo credit: perpetualplum via photopin cc

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to cry. I need to do this too... but how?? I will be on board soon. God has a plan...

    ReplyDelete