Monday, November 12, 2012

Community...


For the past couple of years now community has been a buzz word in our home... It may have started when we moved to the country and had to develop relationship with our neighbours... because we also had to rely on them... and because winter in the middle of nowhere without any companionship can be awfully lonely.

Since moving back to our home town we have longed for a group to call ours... a flock of friends that we know will stand with us in joy and sorrow... and that flock is starting to form.

At the beginning of September I had a phone conversation with my homeschool teacher... I was near tears when she asked me how she could pray for me... just above a whisper I answered... I need support... I need a friend.

Please don't misunderstand... I am living near my family and that is wonderful... but I really needed a gal pal.

That night I went to a homeschool group meeting... There I met her... we talked and I found out that she was married to a guy I graduated from highschool with... cool, but not a bonding fact really.

However the next day we were house hunting... and lo and behold there she was again with her family... we were both pumping gas at the same gas station...

"Put on the coffee"; said my bold and friendly husband... and the rest is history.

God provided.
 
Linking up with Jessica at Bohemian Bowmans

photo credit: pellethepoet via photopin cc

2 comments:

  1. I love this story. I am newish to homeschooling (1&1/2 years in), and I have been close to throwing in the towel because I need to be around more adults. This is encouraging. I need to open my eyes to all the possibilities. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) The power of a heartfelt prayer- from both sides :)

    ReplyDelete