Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Craving Community

I have been on the hunt for a church to call mine... for a group to belong to... for brothers and sisters to connect with... argue with... and fellowship with. Looking back at some of my previous posts this may come as a shock to you.

You see I left that behind a few short months ago... I have sister friends... but they are far away... I miss being in the thick of their everyday... I miss lattes while our kids play... I miss knowing that I can say something off the wall and they will still love me.

It's different now... making new friends... testing new waters... balancing the fine line of vulnerability that creates and strengthens relationships without falling too deep into the murky crap every human deals with.

I've grown since the last time I made friends... I have skills and knowledge I didn't have before... I have wisdom that I did not possess earlier... I love with far few conditions than I did back then... and yet I am shy to plant myself.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment